Posted by Keith Wiley, Intern
On February 19th the World Trade Center Harrisburg hosted an Export Credit Insurance Seminar. Our speaker, John Strayhorn, President of Global Insurance Services, gave a very informative presentation. Attendees learned an extensive amount about Export Credit Insurance and how to expand sales as well as borrowing capacity.
The following topics were covered:
- Introduction to Short-Term Export credit Insurance
- Requirements for Short Term Credit Insurance
- Single Sale vs. Multi-Buyer (Portfolio) Approaches
- Permits Expansion of Borrowing Case
- Private Sector Credit Insurance Providers
- U.S. Export Import Bank Credit Insurance Policies
- Agricultural Products
- How to expand your bank credit line using credit insurance
A note on the Export Import Bank of the United States:
Ex-Im Bank does not compete with private sector lenders but provides export financing products that fill gaps in trade financing. They will assume credit and country risks that the private sector is unable or unwilling to accept. They also help to level the playing field for U.S. exporters by matching the financing that other governments provide to their exporters. With 80 years of experience, Ex-Im Bank has supported more than $600 billion of U.S. exports, primarily to developing markets worldwide. To contact the Eastern Region Office for more information please visit their website.
For more detailed information regarding the above topics covered at the seminar please feel free to visit the Global Insurance Services Website.