February 23, 2015 marked the Inaugural State of the Ports Address hosted by the World Trade Center Harrisburg at the Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey Hotel in Harrisburg, PA. Numerous Pennsylvania elected officials and companies interested in learning new updates about the Philadelphia Regional Port Authority and the Harrisburg International Airport attended this event.
|Mr. Dominic O'Brien|
- The Philadelphia Regional Port Authority experienced its fifth year of double digit growth
- The Delaware River Channel Deepening Project is 80% complete
- The world’s largest producer of eucalyptus pulp relocated its business and now ships annually to Philadelphia
|Mr. Scott Miller|
- Nearly 1.3 million passengers connect to the global economy through HIA
- An estimated 60% of total air cargo is outbound
- HIA generates about $991 million in economic output
Finally, there was a Q & A session at the end of the presentations. The attendees were given the opportunity to interact with the speakers and to get their honest opinions on various issues regarding the Philadelphia Regional Port Authority and the Harrisburg International Airport.
Overall, WTC’s Inaugural State of the Ports Address was a success! All of the attendees were not only able to learn more about the developments of the Port of Philadelphia and Harrisburg International Airport; they had a chance to network and form relationships between various companies and the ports.
Thank you to all who attended and we hope that everyone could takeaway something useful from this event.