The tour was CORE PA funded and executed, with additional support from the TEAM PA
Foundation, Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), and Tierney, a public relations firm, whose services were secured through DCED.
With the "core" region of Pennsylvania having a large, diverse manufacturing history, inviting international journalists to tour the Commonwealth is beneficial for attracting foreign direct investment into the region. They are able to gain first-hand experience, which makes for a stronger story and a lasting connection. The ultimate goal is to send a message to prospective foreign investors that Pennsylvania is a great place to do business.
The attending journalists included:
- Anthony Barich (Australia)
- International Coal News, Mining News, Mining Journal, Mining Monthly
- Gloria Towolawi (U.S)
- USA Oil and Gas Monitor
- Margaret Nongo-Okojokwu (Nigeria)
- Orient Energy Review
- Peter Darling (UK)
- Mining WorldLink, Coal International, Mining World
- Michael Reed (U.S.)
- Pipeline & Gas Journal
- Jamie Zachary (Canada)
- PROCESSWest, IPP&T
- Arun Kumar Singhal (India)
- DEW Journal
The tour featured presentations and site visits to the following industry leaders:
|Hannah in the model of the shuttle that|
rescued the Chilean miners in 2010.
- Center Rock (Berlin)
- Provides construction, mining and quarry equipment.
- Their equipment was used to save 33 miners trapped in Chile in 2010.
- Environmental Tank and Container (Johnstown)
- A leading manufacturer of equipment for the oil and gas industries.
- Curry Supply (Martinsburg)
- One of America’s largest manufacturers and dealers of commercial service vehicles.
- “O” Ring CNG Fuel Systems (Brookville)
- The first private compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel station in the state.
- The owner converted 16 vehicles to be fueled by CNG, resulting in halved annual fuel costs.
- Noise Solutions Inc. (Sharon)
- North America’s leading provider of engineered industrial noise suppression for the energy sector.
- Ezeflow Group (New Castle)
- Mostly works with carbon steel for pipeline work.
- A successful, and strategic, move from Texas to Pennsylvania. They have invested over $5 million in the Pennsylvania site since buying the facility in 2011.
Throughout the tour, the journalists also heard keynote presentations from local partners about their respective regions' economic development initiatives and opportunities, leaders and experts from the industry, and other complimentary companies.
A few of the journalists have already publicized their articles. You can read their reports by clicking here.
|The group at Blackbird Distillery|
|Hard hats and boots during the ETC tour|
|Taking a tour of the vehicles at Curry Supply|
ABOUT CORE PA:
SEDA-Council of Governments is the host organization for CORE PA Global, which is an
initiative established to increase the visibility of a 53-county footprint of Pennsylvania to
international and domestic investors. The initiative partners with over 50 economic development organizations and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to attract, retain and grow business and industry in the region.
Core PA has hosted several tours to date, with this being the second tour with a mining, oil and gas focus. WTC Harrisburg previously participated in the first tour - focused on the food industry - when they came to York, PA in 2014.