Thursday, January 27, 2011
Saturday, January 15, 2011
We were off to a great start in 2011 with our first program focusing on legal issues of exporting.
WTC member Louis Dejoie, Chair of the International Law Practice Group with McNees, Wallace and Nurick LLC presented the executive overview. Here is a summary of key topics:
§ EXPORT SALE BASICS
- legal framework of sales contracts
§ USE OF FOREIGN INTERMEDIARIES
- issues to consider regarding intermediary relationships, including those of agents, distributors and employees stationed in a foreign country such as labor laws, termination laws, registration and antitrust laws
- due diligence when choosing an intermediary
- Know Your Partner!!!
§ IP PROTECTION
- patents, trademarks and copyright issues
§ COMPLIANCE PROGRAMS
- Importance of having formal written policies and procedures
- Appoint an Export Compliance Officer
- EAR, ITAC and OFAC
posted by Arop Monywiir This year WTC Harrisburg's 20th International Trade Conference was held at the Eden Resort in Lancast...
by WTC Guest Blogger Myriam Siftar, President and CEO of MTM LinguaSoft A relationship with a translation and localization partner i...
posted by Tina Weyant Below is a listing of useful website links from the US Department of Commerce regarding foreign retaliatory actions ...
Posted by Corby Myers, Intern Presentation Room Are you curious about the various export finance programs available to you in t...