Have you ever wondered how much Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) has been invested in the Southcentral PA region? In 2016, our region had 898 foreign owned companies operating in the area who employed 71,519 employees!
We were able to pull together regional level as well as county level data for both, number of foreign owned companies and the number of personnel employed by those foreign owned companies, from recent data from Dun & Bradstreet.
The report focuses in detail on the impact of FDI for our region’s eight counties, as well as how our region compares to the others within the state.
- Southcentral was the third highest-ranking region based on number of foreign owned companies and number of employees of foreign owned companies (behind Southeast which has the Philadelphia metropolitan area, and Southwest which has the Pittsburgh metropolitan area)
- The number of employees of foreign owned companies in Southcentral grew from 53,423 people in 2015 to 71,519 people in 2016
- Southcentral had two of the top ten counties based on number of foreign owned firms
- Southcentral had three of the top ten counties based on number of employees of foreign owned firms
- Dauphin County had 141% growth in the number of citizens employed by foreign owned companies from 2015 to 2016
|Southcentral Foreign Owned Company Employees|